Automated transaction fee6
(e.g. through ANZ Internet Banking and EFTPOS)
Switch to ANZ by opening one of our everyday accounts between 31 January and 5 March 2018 and you’ll be in the draw to win a trip for two to the Gold Coast to support the New Zealand Commonwealth Games team. Eligibility criteria, terms and conditions apply.
Bank electronically and pay no account or automated transaction fees
$10 ANZ Visa Debit card annual fee4
Overdraft available on application
Freedom to bank the way you want to with no transaction fees
will be waived each month when you deposit $2,500 or more into your account8
$0 ANZ Visa Debit card annual fee4
Overdraft available on application
The account for full-time students and under 21s10
$0 ANZ Visa Debit card annual fee4
Interest-free overdraft available on application of up to $2,00011
Tap and pay at thousands of stores with either Apple Pay1 or goMoney Wallet.2 You can also send money to anyone with a NZ bank account using their mobile number3, or pay bills on the go with ANZ goMoney, so your money always moves with you.
Once you have an ANZ Visa Debit card, it's easy to upgrade it to a MyPhoto card with a picture of your choice, so you can stand out from the crowd4.
We’ve got an extensive branch network and a contact centre open seven days a week, so we’re here to help when you need us. Plus, you can manage your money 24/7 with ANZ Internet Banking or goMoney – NZ’s favourite banking app.
Take control with ANZ Card Manager - temporarily block your card if you misplace it, or cancel and replace lost or stolen cards5.
We’re committed to keeping you and your money safe, with the latest security systems and technology.
A free A-Z Review to check you’re making the most of your money.
A free switching service to help transfer your accounts and payments from your current bank to ANZ.
Choose the everyday account that’s right for you, then apply for it in 5 minutes using our simple online form.
Before opening your account, we’ll contact you to setup a time to visit an ANZ branch and confirm your identity.
We’ll verify your identity in branch, and setup your ANZ Internet Banking, ANZ goMoney and anything else you need.
Fees are subject to change.
Registration is required for ANZ goMoney, ANZ Internet Banking and ANZ Phone Banking. Telephone, mobile operator and internet service provider charges may apply to these services. Eligibility criteria and terms and conditions apply.
1. Eligibility criteria and terms and conditions apply to Apple Pay. See anz.co.nz/applepay for more information. Apple, the Apple logo, Touch ID, iPhone and Apple Watch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Apple Pay is a trademark of Apple Inc.
2. ANZ goMoney Wallet eligibility criteria, terms and conditions apply. ANZ goMoney Wallet is available on selected Android smartphones. See anz.co.nz/gomoney for more information.
3. Terms and Conditions apply to Pay to Mobile. See our Electronic Banking Conditions for more information.
4. Must be 13 years or over to apply for an ANZ Visa Debit MyPhoto card. Image criteria apply.
5. Available for ANZ EFTPOS cards, ANZ Visa Debit cards and personal ANZ credit cards only.
6. Automated transactions include EFTPOS transactions, ATM transactions, mobile wallet transactions, direct debits and direct credits, and all electronic transactions made through ANZ Phone Banking, ANZ Internet Banking and ANZ goMoney.
7. Non-standard fees may apply, including non-ANZ ATM fees and currency conversion for overseas transactions. Please use the following links for full details of our Terms & Conditions and Fees & Charges.
8. Deposits exclude transfers between any of your ANZ accounts.
9. Manual transactions include cheques and transactions handled by our staff at a branch or by phone.
10. If you're 21 or over and applying for Jumpstart, you must be enrolled at and provide proof of full time study at a government recognised tertiary institution or a NZQA approved language school, and must have a minimum of 6 months remaining on your course.
11. Must be 18 years or over to apply for an overdraft. ANZ lending criteria, terms, conditions and fees apply to overdrafts, including monthly overdraft management fees. Student allowance/government loan and/or other income must be direct credited to an ANZ account. If approved, only one interest-free overdraft will be provided per eligible Jumpstart customer.
ANZ Win A Trip to the 2018 Commonwealth Games Prize Draw Promotion Terms and Conditions
The prize A return trip for two to the Gold Coast, Australia for 6 days/5 nights from 4 April 2018 to 9 April 2018 including the following: Economy flights from Auckland, New Zealand to the Gold Coast, Australia; transfers to and from the accommodation; accommodation at QT Gold Coast Hotel; Commonwealth Games event tickets (including the opening ceremony); and $2,000 spending money.
Further details such as flight times and event details will be confirmed at a later date by ANZ.
The travel arrangements (including dates and airline) cannot be changed and must be accepted by the winner at times and places to be specified by ANZ. Any changes to other prize components will be at the winner’s expense and must be agreed to by ANZ. Arrangements cannot be made to extend the stay in Australia.
The $2,000 spending money will be deposited into the winner’s ANZ account.
ANZ reserves the right to replace any prize component with a prize of equivalent value in the event that any of the prize components become unavailable for any reason.
The prize is not transferable or exchangeable and may not be redeemed for cash.
Entry and promotion dates To enter this 2018 Commonwealth Games promotion you must:
The winner and travel companion must both be over the age of 16.
Staff and their immediate families and agents of ANZ Bank New Zealand Limited and its related companies are not eligible to enter the promotion.
Prize winner notification After the closing date, ANZ will randomly select one winner from all eligible customers. We will notify the winner by phone. Once contacted the winner will be sent a follow-up email, with further details of travel, by 15 March 2018.
If the winner is not able to be contacted within 48 hours of the draw then a replacement winner will be chosen.
If the winner has not yet completed all of our account opening requirements, they will be given two working days to complete the requirements. After two working days, if not completed, a replacement winner will be chosen.
Ticketing conditions Tickets to the 2018 Commonwealth Games, whether awarded as a prize and/or are included as part of a promotion, must be accepted as awarded and are subject to all of the applicable terms and conditions prescribed to such tickets from time to time by the New Zealand Olympic Committee (NZOC) for the 2018 Commonwealth Games. Such terms and conditions are contained in the Ticket License Agreement (which can be reviewed on the back of the physical ticket (once issued) and include prohibitions against any use of the ticket in connection with any commercial promotion or contest (without the consent of the NZOC) and the unauthorised sale of the ticket in excess of face value of the ticket. By accepting tickets as a prize and/or as part of a promotion, the holder is deemed to have accepted all of the applicable terms and conditions.
Your personal information You agree that the information that you provided in your account application will be held by ANZ and will also be used for the purposes of administering the Prize Draw. You have the right to access and request correction of this information.
Your responsibilities All ancillary costs associated with utilising the prize including but not limited to insurance, departure taxes, mini bar items, room service, food expenses, passports, visas, transfers and transport to and from the departure point shall be the sole responsibility of the winner.
By claiming a prize, each winner consents to ANZ making use of their name(s) and/or photograph(s) for publicity purposes as determined by ANZ.
ANZ’s responsibilities ANZ reserves the right to change, extend, amend or cancel the promotion or these terms and conditions at any time.
ANZ shall not be liable for any loss, damage, personal injury or death whatsoever (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) which is suffered or sustained arising out of or in connection with the Prize Draw, the taking or using of a prize, or any act or omission (whether negligent or not) of ANZ or any of their associated agencies, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
Where goods or services are supplied by third parties, ANZ does not warrant the quality of those goods and/or services or the suitability for your particular circumstances. To the extent permitted by law, ANZ excludes liability for any loss suffered as a result of the use of those goods and/or services.
The Promoter of this promotion, and the provider of the prize, is ANZ Bank New Zealand Limited.
A copy of our Reserve Bank Disclosure Statement is available on this website or on request from any ANZ branch, free of charge. This material is for information purposes only. Its content is intended to be of a general nature, does not take into account your financial situation or goals, and is not a personalised financial adviser service under the Financial Advisers Act 2008. It is recommended you seek advice from a financial adviser which takes into account your individual circumstances before you acquire a financial product. If you wish to consult one of ANZ's financial advisers, please contact us on 0800 269 296.
ANZ Bank New Zealand Limited.